3 - 5 mm nominal Xport Bottom Media for Enhanced Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, and
Phosphate Uptake in all Aquaria
• Enhanced, “ultra-activated” bottom media with average surface area of ~150,000 ft2 per kg.
Encourages colonization by beneficial nitrifying and denitrifying bacteria, resulting in rapid and
efficient conversion of ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate, and further enhancing the stability of
nutrient concentrations in grow out systems. Removes phosphate as a result of microbial
nitrogen- and carbon-uptake.
• Capacity to outperform conventional denitrification filtration methods by over 300% per unit
mass employed. Seeded with MicroBacter7 and assuming adequate carbon and phosphorus
availability, 1 kg of matured XportSubstrat can reduce up to 140 ppm nitrate in
~120 US-gallons (454 L) each day.
• Open structure and high surface area results in increased interstitial water content, yielding
superior flow-through characteristics and filtration efficiency.
• Dramatically improves filtration potential relative to natural sediment substrates.
• Researched, designed, and made in the USA of US-sourced, high-quality ingredients.
• Patent pending.